Search Community

TweenMax being ignored in iOS app [HELP]

Applauz test
Moderator Tag

Are you maybe subloading swf and the parent only has TweenLite but the child uses TweenMax and you're using the same ApplicationDomain or something? It's tough to say why this might happen - it's extremely unusual, but I'd love to see an example FLA that I can publish on my end to see the issue.

What version of TweenLite and TweenMax are you using? I'd recommend using the latest version. Have you tried v11 and v12?

I'm using the latest build. Same build I'm using in another project.

I'm importing like this

import com.greensock.*;
import com.greensock.plugins.*;
import com.greensock.easing.*;

and my use is like this

TweenMax.to(points_mc, .5, {y:96, delay:.5,  ease:Expo.easeOut, startAt:{y:-828}} );

Am I missing something here ?

No, I don't see anything odd there, but I'd need to publish your files myself to know better what's happening. Does TweenMax work if you don't use a startAt or a different ease? Just curious.

You said you're using the "latest build" - does that mean the latest v11 or the latest v12 beta? Where are you getting your files? What do you see if you trace(TweenMax.version)?

• 1 year later...

import com.greensock.*;

TweenMax.to(Photon, 5, {x:500}); 

Hi,

I realise that this is an old thread, but I have the same problem - and can't see any sign of an answer anywhere.

I'm using latest TweenMax. (Version = 12.0.16) and publishing a very simple test file via Flash CS6 (windows - Update 2) via AIR 3.8.0.1430 for iOS.    If I use TweenLite the animation runs fine on an iPad (iOS:  6.1.3); however, if I use TweenMax, nothing happens.

Any clues??  The test animation runs fine when published to windows swf (using TweenMax).

Thanks in advance

Very odd. I'm not familiar with any issues like that, but it certainly sounds like something with AIR. Not sure what we can do to help :(

Just curious: if you remove the plugin activation code at the top of TweenMax (in the TweenPlugin.activate(...) lines), does that solve anything? I'm just trying to figure out if it's related to the plugins that get activated or TweenMax itself. I really can't imagine why either one would be the case - just curious. 

Thanks for the reply.  The test file is very simple and only contains a single movieclip ('Photon') and 2 lines of code - hence no Plugins.  But, I've tried a few amendments to TweenMax.as, including commenting out plugin activation code (was that what you meant??) - all to no avail.

I agree it's probably an AIR thing, possibly not helped by iOS 6.

I'll try some different AIR versions and alternate ways of building the package and see what happens.  But, I can't believe I'm the only person to encounter this problem??  Unfortunately, I have some very complex animation that is to be tested on Phone/iPad and needs the features within TweenMax

Oh, I'm sure you're not the only one using TweenMax in AIR and publishing for iOS. I've heard of lots of folks doing that (I just haven't personally done it). I also can't imagine something in TweenMax specifically that'd cause some sort of issue like what you're describing. I'd be curious to know if the older v11 works. 

Bingo!!  With TweenMax 11.698 all is well and problem only then reappears with latest version (12.0.16).  I'll have a look at some other intermediate betas that we have in archive and see if there is a definite stage at which the problem appears.

In the meantime, very many thanks for the suggestion

Yeah, I'd be VERY curious to know what you find. I'd also like to know if the attached version works - all I did was remove the plugin activations at the top, switch a few constants to strings, and removed the TweenMax.ticker reference. None of these tweaks should be necessary, but if it works it at least tells us something. 

Make sure you use this with the latest v12 core stuff, not v11. 

TweenMax.as.zip

Well thank you for the test file, but sadly no difference on the latest core V12.  We've also gone back as far as Version 12.0 beta 5.5 which presents the same problem with both your amended TweenMax.as and the original beta version of that file.  From our perspective, and whatever the cause, it only appears to kick in from V12 (beta) onwards.

I do tend to think that it's an AIR-related problem and so our next plan is to run through our archived versions to see if anything comes to light.

Many thanks again - and I'll let you know the outcome

Very strange. Two last ideas:

1. Maybe try removing the allTo(), allFrom() and allFromTo() method assignments (starting around line 1480) just to see if AIR is having trouble assigning those. They're perfectly valid, but I wonder if AIR has a bug related to that.
  2. Don't have TweenMax implement IEventDispatcher.

There's nothing else in there that I can imagine causing trouble. It's all pretty straight-forward.

Please let us know what you discover. 

• 7 months later...

Hey, I'm having the same issue. All TweenMax calls are ignored since v12 (using 12.1.4) on iOS. Everything is ok on Android and desktops.

I've just debug it and not a single error is thrown. I see that Animation._updateRoot is called every frame in scout. But nothing is rendering and no complete events are fired.

If I replace greensock package with version 11, it just works.

Is there any way to reproduce this without actually pushing it to an iOS device/app? This sure sounds like an AIR bug, but if you could help provide an easy way to see/test this without a full iOS push, that'd be super helpful. Did you try my suggestions above? 

I've just tried to comment some plugins activations, to keep only those plugins I really need.

TweenPlugin.activate([

//ACTIVATE (OR DEACTIVATE) PLUGINS HERE...

AutoAlphaPlugin,			//tweens alpha and then toggles "visible" to false if/when alpha is zero
			//EndArrayPlugin,				//tweens numbers in an Array
			//FramePlugin,				//tweens MovieClip frames
			//RemoveTintPlugin,			//allows you to remove a tint
			//TintPlugin,					//tweens tints
			//VisiblePlugin,				//tweens a target's "visible" property
			//VolumePlugin,				//tweens the volume of a MovieClip or SoundChannel or anything with a "soundTransform" property
			//BevelFilterPlugin,			//tweens BevelFilters
			BezierPlugin,				//enables bezier tweening
			BezierThroughPlugin,		//enables bezierThrough tweening
			//BlurFilterPlugin,			//tweens BlurFilters
			//ColorMatrixFilterPlugin,	//tweens ColorMatrixFilters (including hue, saturation, colorize, contrast, brightness, and threshold)
			ColorTransformPlugin,		//tweens advanced color properties like exposure, brightness, tintAmount, redOffset, redMultiplier, etc.
			//DropShadowFilterPlugin,		//tweens DropShadowFilters
			//FrameLabelPlugin,			//tweens a MovieClip to particular label
			//GlowFilterPlugin,			//tweens GlowFilters
			//HexColorsPlugin,			//tweens hex colors
			//RoundPropsPlugin,			//enables the roundProps special property for rounding values
			//ShortRotationPlugin			//tweens rotation values in the shortest direction

]);

And it works now. This is really weird. :-/

Maybe it is some conflicts while using multiple swcs with TweenMax imported... Multiple static instances? Multiple activations..?

And no - I can reproduce it only on iPad while using classic build (it's fine while using interpreter build).

Well, I suppose that's great news, but I'm still curious exactly which plugin causes the problem. Would you mind un-commenting them one at a time and letting us know when things break? I wonder if it's related to any filter ones (like BlurFilterPlugin or BevelFilterPlugin, etc.) since those have a base FilterPlugin class. Totally a guess. But again, it'd be super helpful to know exactly which one (or ones) cause the problem on iOS. 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

• 1 month later...

Did you ever get this test file, testing each plugin? I love tweenMax and would be willing to help troubleshoot this issue. The AIR apps I build target four platforms, ios, Android, Windows and Mac.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been experiencing problems with Tint plugin.

Tint plugin does not work with TweenMax (works with Tweenlite) on AIR / iOS latest version.

I have this error : VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of onInitTween in com.greensock.plugins.TintPlugin.

That sounds like you've got mis-matched versions of GSAP files, like v12.x of TweenLite and v11.x of TintPlugin. Please make sure you're using the latest version of all the files and republish. Also remember that if you're subloading a swf inside another swf, BOTH should be republished (in case one of them has an old flavor embedded).