Search Community

TimelineMax getLabelsArray

Joe Hakooz test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey Guys,

The TimelineMax method getLabelsArray() will not work for me. Here is a super simplified version...

var tl = new TimelineMax();
tl.append('start');
tl.to($('#elem'), .5, {css:{top:'200px'}});

console.log('yo'); // This one shows in console
var labels = tl.getLabelsArray();
console.log('yo2: ' + labels[0].name); // This does not

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

All I'm really trying to do is play a label by index, and this is the only way I can see to do it.

Thanks for any help

I'm baffled - it works perfectly for me. Can you post an HTML page along with your GreenSock files so that I can see the error for myself? I just triple-checked the source code and getLabelsArray() is there and it worked great. Are you maybe using a really old version of GSAP?

I should have upgraded first. I was using TweenMax.min.js (1.43)

Upgaded to 1.481 and it works.!

One note, when I open the new file in DW CS5 it crashes Dreamweaver. I thought it was that kb bug that dreamweaver has had for years, but when I added several KB to the file it still crashes. Strangely, the old file (1.43) does not crash DW. This could very well be something on my end, but wanted to pass along the info...

Thanks