Search Community

TweenMax.min.js is crashing my Dreamweaver

BarryS test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

Has anyone come across an issue where linking to a JS file in HTML crashes their Dreamweaver?

I've tested it and TweenMax.min.js causes my DW to crash but TweenMax.js doesnt.

I updated my verstion today (27th July) as I wanted the updates to the Bezier Plugin, so that may have something to do it.

Whats weird is that I've been able to work with it for most of the day, but now it has started to crash.

I'll carry on using TweenMax.js for the time being.

Thank you in advance,

Barry

Hi Barry,

All I can add is that for my all my GSAP JS work I use Dreamweaver CS4 (and now CS6) with the TweenMax.min.js file (I rarely use the uncompressed version or TweenLite.js) and haven't had any issues.

I'm also pretty sure that Jack has stated that a majority (if not all) of GSAP 12 for JS was built using Dreamweaver. I'm inclined to believe that this might be something wonky with your DW install.

Thanks for mentioning it. It will be interesting to see if others have the same experience.

What version of DW and OS are you using?

-c

HI Carl,

I'm using DW CS4, and I'll have a look again this morning. It maybe now that my PC has had a rest over the weekend, the problem may have fixed itself. If it still doesnt work, i'll reinstall DW and see what happens.

Thanks for you reply.

Cheers,

Barry

Hi Barry,

I recently got into a situation where I had to use DW CS4 on an older Mac running Leopard and I can now confirm the crashes you were experiencing. Very strange.

I'll poke around the net and see if there I something specific that DW chokes on. Thanks again for reporting this. My gut tells me it is a fault of DW but perhaps there is something that can be done about it.

Carl

update: So, googling many variations of "Dreamweaver crash insert javascript" gets lots of results. Many suggestions relate to clearing configuration files which I have done to no avail.

It should be noted that I am running a DW CS4 trial build 4117 that was downloaded direct from adobe. I haven't found a way to update this specific trial to a more recent build.

I would like to re-iterate though that I have used the most recent full release version of DW CS4 many many times with no problems on another machine.

I too have this problem using CS5. It seems a lot like the 8 kb bug (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/417116) but obviously TweenMax.min.js is larger. I actually tried changing the TweenMax file size by adding garbage text and it did not fix the problem.

Also, I only started getting this problem when I upgraded from TweenMax.min.js v1.43 to v1.8xx (the latest version as of yesterday).

I'll try using the non minified version for development...

Thanks Joe,

Hard to believe that Adobe acknowledges that an 8kb file will crash DW. ???? But I've read it plenty of times myself.

Hopefully we can pinpoint the exact change in the TweenMax.min.js file that dw isn't liking. Thanks again for your help and patience.

-Carl

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I downloaded and started using GSAP 3 days ago and I'm having the same problem with DreamWeaver CS4 and TweenMax.min.js. I started with a php page (index.php) with the following code in it:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en">
<head>
<title>flashdatadesign :: Home</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<meta name="keywords" content="web design"/>
<meta name="description" content="web design"/>
<meta name="language" content="en"/>

<script src="jquery/jquery-1.5.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<link href="fddcss.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>
<body>
<div id="wrapper"></div>
</body>
</html>

and as soon as I added:

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/TweenMax.min.js"></script>

Dreamweaver crashes. I don't even get to save the file.

I just wanted to report that I'm the having same problem as Barry.

Hi,

This is happening to me too, the last update of TweenMax.min.js does crashes a specific version of Dreamweaver CS4, the solution: use the uncompressed file and before you upload your file to the server point to the compressed one using a simple text editor.

Besides so far using the uncompressed version has it's upside, code hinting for naming one, for example if you write TweenMax. inmediatly it brings every function asociated with the expression, which has allowed me to play a lot with some features.

I asked Carl about this and Him and Jack were kind enough to tell me that they are aware of this but it's quite difficult to pinpoint what is crashing CS4. Besides if you look into the crash report there's not a lot of info to troubleshoot this issue. Also this is not happening in every CS4 so it's even harder to find out.

Another solution would be to create your own compressed version of TweenMax.js but i wouldn't recommend that.

Let's hope that the next update won't crash this specific version of CS4.

By the way my version is 10.0 build 4117.

Cheers,

Rodrigo.