Search Community

Mouse Pointer Disapperars in Flash Pro CS6

Guest ChromeDemon
Moderator Tag

Guest ChromeDemon

I am using your Transform Manager for a while and everything worked fine.

Now I switched over to Flash Professional CS6 from CS5 and got the following Problem:

var manager:TransformManager = new TransformManager({targetObjects:[],
constrainScale:false,
lockRotation:false,
allowDelete:false,
autoDeselect:false,

allowMultiSelect:false });

Now I add an Object from the Library:

var vObjekt1:vektorRaute = new vektorRaute();
var clipVItem1:TransformItem = manager.addItem(vObjekt1);
addChild(vObjekt1);

When I now compile the Movie in the Flash IDE and select the Item, everythings fine, but when I leave the contrains of the selected Item, my Mouse Pointer disappears and won't come back.

When I test the the SWF in a Browser, everythings fine (not disappearing).

But for development it's really annoying.

thanx in advance

Chrome

Guest ChromeDemon

Oh, i forgot, I am developing on Mac OSX Lion.

Ok ... It seems, that testing it with Flash Player over Flash 9 in Flash Professional CS6 causes this strange error.

When I test your TransformManagerAS3_Demo.fla with FP 10.3,FP11.1 and FP 11.3 in Flash Pro CS6 the Mouse Pointer disappears after selecting an Item. When testing as FP 9 everything works.

any hints?

Hmmm...looks like some odd bug in Adobe's stuff. You can verify that things are being called in the correct order by cracking open the TransformManager.as file and putting trace() calls right before the Mouse.hide() and Mouse.show() calls (there's one of each). I agree with you that it's super annoying to have this kind of funky behavior, especially in a professional product like Adobe Flash CS6. Hopefully they'll get it fixed in a .0.1 update soon. If you discover any other workarounds, please do let us know.

Guest ChromeDemon

It looks like these issue, has something to do with the handling of the Mouse in MAC OSX LION and the Flash Player since FP Version 10.3 (Custom Mouse Pointer). I have found several Bugtracker entries, where People have the same, that Content exported with Flash Professional with Player Version 10.3, 11 and so forth, have issue when using a custom MousePointer. Adobe adressed this issue a while ago to Apple, but I guess Apple won't change their System for Flash ;-)

I now installed Windows on my Mac and used the Windows Version of Flash Pro CS6 and there are no issues with your Transform Manager so far. (So you did a fine Job ;-) )

cheers

ChromeD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been having this issue as well. In the browser everything seems to run fine, though. Every now and then my cursor disappears in the player. When this happens, I just press the right mouse button and everything runs normally again. Hopefully either Adobe or Apple releases an update soon!