Search Community

First attempt of a game with TweenMax JS

Michael71 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Thanks a ton for sharing that. It really shows that use can use just a few small tricks and combine them into a pretty cool game.

The only thing that I didn't like was that the collision detection between the bird and mines seemed a bit unforgiving. I often died when I don't think I should have. I imagine it is because of the dead pixels that surround bird animation gif. (which is a really nice gif btw).

I'm not familiar with jquery's collision stuff, but maybe you could place a smaller circle inside the bird and test for a collision between that and the mines. so only if the bird body touches a mine he dies.

That aside, I really enjoy seeing that GSAP12 being put to such nice use. Thanks again!

-c

Thanks for the support, I also think that the CD lib I used doesn't really do a good job or I should do what you propose.

The bird animation was made with fireworks from a sprite sheet (learned how to do that last week :) )

Ultimately I think its really easy to animate stuff now, and it gives us a much wanted "freedom".