Search Community

Experiment with Greensock + RaphaelJs

B2rana test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Thanks Carl.

I have an issue in this gallery, when I run this code in Firefox and leave this for 2-3 minutes. And come back on this it show some unexpected behaviour. Can you help me to resolve this issue?

• 2 weeks later...

You mentioned "unexpected behavior" - can you be very specific? How exactly can we reproduce the issue. I tried using Firefox 13.0.1, moving to a different tab for several minutes, and then coming back to your tab and things seemed to work exactly as Id expect but maybe I'm missing something.

You mentioned "unexpected behavior" - can you be very specific? How exactly can we reproduce the issue. I tried using Firefox 13.0.1, moving to a different tab for several minutes, and then coming back to your tab and things seemed to work exactly as Id expect but maybe I'm missing something.

im using chrome v20 and it happened to me too, if i change to a different tab (only happens if i go to a different tab, not a new window or a different app), after like 1 minute or less, if i go back to the page, all the slides moves to the left and dissapear, and after a bit(when the timer triggers again) all the slides go back to their place.

I guess the timer still works when you are in a different tab but the slides are not moving so when you comes back they get at the same time the instruction to move to the left... dont know

sorry about my engrisssh D:

I'm still SUPER curious about this. You really shouldn't have to turn off requestAnimationFrame. If anyone can help me understand how to replicate this issue, I'd really appreciate it. I cannot for the life of me see any of the problems described with the whole "switch tabs for a while and come back to funky timing" thing. [scratching head]

I've tried a bunch of browsers, different platforms, waiting various amounts of time, etc. and it works perfectly every time.

Sorry, B2rana, I didn't mean to imply that you were imagining things or something - I just need instructions on how to reproduce the issue on my end. The screen shot won't help. Can you show me exactly how to get this to break for myself? What steps do I need to take? And have you tried on multiple systems? Is it reproducible everywhere?