Search Community

repeating animation causes performance issue

404Assassin test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Have a build animation for a page that uses the stagger method, when repeating the animation it plays as expected the first four times it's played but if you repeat it a fifth time or more the animation chokes. There's a tweenMax killAll at the start of the animation that should take care of any overlapping animations.

I've attached the files, you can run the sample code by launching 'html/Course.htm'. Any help in determinig what is causing the performance issue would awesome.

I can't seem to see your attachments. Did you zip them prior to uploading?

Are your animations part of a TimelineLite or Max? If so there should be no reason to be killing any tweens prior to looping.

If you can optimize your files to only include the bare minimum of code/assets necessary to replicate the problem it will make finding the problem much easier and quicker.

Anyway, please try to post your code again. We would love to help you get to the bottom of this issue.

Hey Carl,

figured it out. As it turns it's an issue that was introduced by the developer and not a Greensock animation issue. Was iteratively adding handlers and with each replay of the build the calls to the handlers were iteratively increasing.

Really loving the greensock.js, it fills out the empty spot in my .js library perfectly :)