Search Community

Crazy website loading problem (Solved)

UbiAssassin test
Moderator Tag

Hello everyone,

I have an incredibly odd problem. I finally moved all of my new website files into the main section of my host domain out of the (WebsiteFlash10) test folder. I made a lot of changes to my class files, but I tested my whole site locally and everything worked without issue. Most of the recent changes were in the conversion of my site from V11 to V12, but that is definitely not the problem. The other thing that I did was add a little XML news section, which is older and not converted to greensock code.

The problem I am having though is that when I try to load my website online it just does not work at all. It starts to load my pre-loader and just goes black. I tested everything again on my PC and it all works great and there are no errors spewed from any of the code. It runs perfectly cleanly.

Has anyone ever seen this kind of behavior or even know where to start in order to debug it? Here is the link to my site that should work: http://www.levelforge.com/index.html

You will see the preloader begin, but then it just dies and does nothing.

Thanks for any input.

It looks like there are some runtime errors in your code. And it almost looks like you're using mismatched versions of some of the GreenSock files (like an old AutoAlphaPlugin and a newer TweenPlugin or visa-versa). I saw this in the debugger:

VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of killProps in com.greensock.plugins.AutoAlphaPlugin.

And another error about LevelforgeImageBackdrop not being defined. Make sure you've got the latest version of the GreenSock files and fix the problem with LevelforgeImageBackdrop and hopefully things will work for you.

Thanks for the quick response! I will take a look in there, but the error in the LevelforgeImageBackdrop is I think just one of the functions that cleans the image and then puts another in its place. The very first time that runs it throws that error, and then never again because there is something there. I will look at it anyway.

The other one is going to be harder for me to find I think:

VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of killProps in com.greensock.plugins.AutoAlphaPlugin.

I will do what I can to find it tomorrow. Thanks! I sent my main class file to you in an IM. If you get some spare moments could you tell me if I am doing something horribly wrong in there? I may have missed converting over from V11 fully >.<

Thanks!

Thanks man. You are awesome! One of the class files attached directly to objects in the library of my main flash movie must have been the culprit.

I took all of my class files, xml files, and flash source files and moved them into a new folder on my desktop. I then re-downloaded V12 of the greensock files and dumped that into the new folder. Opened up, tested, and re-saved everything, flushed all of the files out of my host site, and re-uploaded. BOOM! All good. I am not sure what I missed, but cleaning house did it hehe.