Search Community

get time or value in custom ease

amihanya test
Moderator Tag

I'm not quite sure what you're asking - you want to know how to feed a time and duration into the CustomEase and get the ratio back so that you can apply it to a "scale" property?

And are you using the AS3 or AS2 version? v11 or v12?

I attach file with my project.

I try to do a slider that hear jump is change like parabola i use at custom ease to get the parabola and to get a value by scale.

when the user drag the scroller its work fine, i want to give to user option to type a value, and the scroller jump to the right place, and this is my problem.

Your file seemed to have compiler errors and I'm not sure what a .lxml file is - I wish I could help more but I'm not sure what to say. If you're asking how to translate a particular linear value to its eased counterpart, you'd simply feed it into the CustomEase.ease function like:

var value:Number = myCustomEase.ease(currentValue, 0, 1, totalPossibleValue);

But if you're trying to go backwards, I'm not sure what that would be. You'd need to reverse-engineer the bezier math (unfortunately I just don't have the time to do that right now and it's beyond the scope of the help we typically provide here in the forums).

I don't know how to answer your question because I don't know exactly what you're trying to do with the slider/values/calculations. As I said before, you can use the CustomEase's ease() method to have it convert a value for you. Is that what you want? It seems like there's a language barrier that is getting in our way here - I really wish I could help you more.