Search Community

VideoLoader Crash in AIR Application

jrg716 test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I have an AIR application that uses a LoaderMax instance to which I append two image loaders and a video loader. When I execute the application, the Video Loader starts throwing errors like the following:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at com.greensock.loading::VideoLoader/_closeStream()[D:\_Flash\_AS3\src\com\greensock\loading\VideoLoader.as:1002]

at com.greensock.loading::VideoLoader/_auditHandler()[D:\_Flash\_AS3\src\com\greensock\loading\VideoLoader.as:989]

at flash.net::NetStream/invokeWithArgsArray()

at flash.net::NetStream/call()

at flash.net::NetStream/pause()

at com.greensock.loading::VideoLoader/_closeStream()[D:\_Flash\_AS3\src\com\greensock\loading\VideoLoader.as:996]

at com.greensock.loading::VideoLoader/_auditHandler()[D:\_Flash\_AS3\src\com\greensock\loading\VideoLoader.as:989]

at com.greensock.loading::VideoLoader/_closeStream()[D:\_Flash\_AS3\src\com\greensock\loading\VideoLoader.as:996]

at com.greensock.loading::VideoLoader/_closeStream()[D:\_Flash\_AS3

It will continue to throw errors until the AIR application crashes (or I stop the app).

However, if I don't append the VideoLoader to the LoaderMax queue, but instead load it on its own - it loads fine. I can certainly use this as a work around, but wanted to report the issue in case there is some fix for it.

Thanks!

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Can you please post the code that you use to create your VideoLoaders and ImageLoaders and append them to your LoaderMax?

Perhaps it will help us rule out anything wrong with the code on your end.

Yeah, I was gonna ask for the same thing as Carl - could you post a very simple FLA that we can compile to see the issue?

And what version of VideoLoader are you using?

I can't see anything inside the _closeStream() method that could be throwing that error, particularly because there's conditional logic that specifically verifies that there isn't a null object.

Thanks for th reply. My project is quite large, so I'll see if I can reduce it to an example to show the error.

Yeah, I was gonna ask for the same thing as Carl - could you post a very simple FLA that we can compile to see the issue?

And what version of VideoLoader are you using?

I can't see anything inside the _closeStream() method that could be throwing that error, particularly because there's conditional logic that specifically verifies that there isn't a null object.