Search Community

Flex Layering Issues

avidcoder test
Moderator Tag

Hello I am trying to use the FlexTransformManager in a design creation application. In the app I have multiple layers of visual elements that I want to transform. These layers are children of a <s:Group> with an alpha mask.

Example:

Group with Alpha mask

->Layer (<s:Group>)

--->VisualElement

->Layer

--->VisualElement

--->VisualElement

->Layer

--->VisualElement

The problem I am having is that I need the transform handles to appear above the mask but i need the visual elements to stay underneath.

I noticed the limitation "All DisplayObjects that are managed by a particular TransformManager instance must have the same parent". So I could put a FlexTransformManager in each Layer but then the transform handles are masked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, the selection box/handles need to remain inside the FlexTransformManager in order to accommodate some complex things like multiple selections that have various rotations/scales and for implementing bounds, etc. If you have an object that must appear inbetween the selection box and the actual item that's being transformed, the only way you can do that would be to put that object in the FlexTransformManager (you should be able to removeItem() and addIgnoredObject() to make that object not clickable/selectable). Other than that, I can't think of any solutions. I wish I had better news for you.