Search Community

URLRequestDefaults or something similar?

Z0OTY test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I love using Greensock classes. I am currently using LoaderMax for everything!

I wanted to know if it was possible to load images from a password protected folder on the server (htaccess protection)?

I was researching

URLRequestDefaults.setLoginCredentialsForHost();

but it looks as if that is only for AIR and Flash Lite 4.

Or is there a way to send variables to a php script using ImageLoader to retrieve the file?

Any suggestions?

Edited by Z0OTY

• 1 month later...

Playing with the URLRequests and ran into a problem with loading videos:

• I have a PHP script that accepts the URLVariables from AS3 to pull a file from a folder.
  • The PHP then sets the proper headers for the file (in this case .flv)
  • The VideoLoader DOESN'T load the video and throws an error saying NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound.

Everything kind of works with music and photos, they sometimes don't load. Videos do not load at all no matter the type.

I can go to the PHP page in browser and the video loads in the browser just fine, but when I try to load it in flash, I get that error. Any ideas?

Yup, the video loads fine any other way, even using VideoLoader with a regular string for the URL. It only fails to load once there are variables involved and sending it to a PHP.

//shortened AS3 code
var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest("http://www.domain.com/my.php");
var data:URLVariables = new URLVariables();
data.one = "1234";
data.two = "video.flv";
request.data = data;
request.method = URLRequestMethod.POST;
vidLoader = new VideoLoader(request, {name:"video", container:this, autoPlay:true, volume:1, estimatedBytes:750000});
vidLoader.load();

The PHP then locates a the "video.flv" file in folder "1234" and appropriates the headers and reads the file. Works for mp3s and images.

When you say "the video loads fine any other way", are you saying you tried with a regular NetStream apart from VideoLoader, INCLUDING the extra variables? I'm pretty sure you can't do it because of the way NetStream works (it doesn't use a URLRequest - it only accepts a String as a url parameter). Unless my memory is failing me which is entirely possible because it's 3am and I'm pretty sleep-deprived :)