Search Community

Zoom a liquidArea

florent test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I've made a slideshow using XMLLoader and liquidArea.

All is OK, but now I want to allow users to zoom into images with a slider.

What is the best solution ?

- Release the image and do a zoom (and stargDrag to allow to move the image behind the mask). And Re-affect the liquidArea when the zoom endup ?

- Zoom the ImageLoader inside the LiquidArea ? or Zoom the content of the ImageLoader ?

Thanks for answering, because I don't know how yto do that.

Regards.

Florent

Yes, if you are wanting to manually control the scale/position of the attached image, you should release() it. Otherwise you'd be fighting with LiquidArea for control of the object's size/position - see what I mean? And if you're wanting to give the user manual control, why would you re-attach it? You should either have LiquidArea control the position/size or the user, not both. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your description/goal though.

Thanks for your answer.

The reason why I use the LiquidArea is to be sure the initial image will always adapt to the screen and always be well positionned.

But, for my slideshow, I want to allow users to zoom inside the image. So, maybe it's two different concept and not manage zoom like I manage a proportional inside image.

So, perhaps there is a way to hide the liquid area and place a copy of the image in front of the liquidarea with the same dimensions and allow this one to be zoomed ? And, when navigating to the next image, return to liquidArea mode ?

Do you think this way could be done ? And how get the position and size of the LiquidArea's image ?

Regards.

Florent

You can attach() and release() anytime you want. I'm not quite sure what you're asking - you need to choose whether or not you want LiquidArea to resize/reposition the object or not. You're welcome to have it resize/reposition it and then release control and then manually do whatever you want. And by the way, when you release() the object, it doesn't force it back to its original size. It just stays at the size/position it was right before you released it.

Does that help?

I don't see any reason to make a copy of your object, but I might be misunderstanding the goal. Just leave it attached while you need it attached, and release() it when you want to do custom stuff. Make sense?

Ok, I will test your idea.

In fact, I just wanted to do a zoom on an image which is part of a liquidArea.

The liquidArea is just for me a good way to ensure it is full psize on a webpage, even if the user resize it or it is view in a swfoject at 100%.

Thanks.

Florent

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Andrya

Hi,

Yeah you are right. If you are thinking to manage the adjustment of the attached images, you must release() it. Or conversely you would be gambling with LiquidArea in order to adjust the object's positions.

Thanks

Andrya