Search Community

null ref on loader dispose when alternateUrl fails

Sam test
Moderator Tag

Hello again,

Looks like you have a null object reference issue when a loader path and defined alternateUrl both fail and the dispose call is made on the loader instance. I attempted to attach a demonstration of it but the forums gave an error: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached. Should be pretty easy to replicate but if you're interested in the demo give me a place to drop it and I can shoot over the project.

Main Thread (Suspended: TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.)	
com.greensock.loading::VideoLoader/_dump	
com.greensock.loading.core::LoaderItem/set url	
com.greensock.loading.core::LoaderItem/_failHandler	
com.greensock.loading::VideoLoader/_statusHandler	

Sam

Yep, the problem is that you're calling dispose() in your error handler which is called after the first load error and before the alternateURL attempt. Maybe you meant to listen for an onFail? In any case, I did just upload a revised version that should eliminate the error even if you do call dispose() before the alternateURL re-attempt.

Also, I noticed you're manually creating a FlexContentDisplay - I wouldn't recommend that. Instead, simply do this once:

LoaderMax.contentDisplayClass = FlexContentDisplay;

From then on, it will always use FlexContentDisplay by default rather than ContentDisplay.