Search Community

text=Error #2035: URL Not Found

dorkbot test
Moderator Tag

Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2035: URL Not Found

Hi, I get the above error, sometimes. It's very strange, it only occurs on some machines, most don't get this error. When the error occurs, if the user closes the warning pop up, the project functions perfectly, all content is downloaded. So although this error pops up, everything is still getting downloaded. Does anyone have any ideas for how I can deal with this?

cheers.

hard to diagnos without seeing any of the code or more information about the error.

can you post a very simple example with only enough code necessary to reproduce the issue?

preferably a file that loads only a single asset (cs5 or lower).

have you tried using the latest version of LoaderMax? does the issue still persist?

Hi Carl,

I can not create this error. It happens for my client and they have sent me screen grabs of the error, but I can't trigger it on any computer at my disposal. The thing is that the game (it's a game) works fine if the client closes the Flash Player error pop up. But if any of the content didn't load then the game wouldn't work, so it's strange to get this error, but have all the content still load. I did update my greensock code and ship the client another version. This is a snippet of my code:

public function getTrack(callBackFunction:Function, progressFunction:Function):void

{

loaderCallBackFunction = callBackFunction;

//queueDispose();

queue = new LoaderMax({name:"mainQueue", onProgress:progressFunction, onComplete:trackLoaded, onError:errorHandler});

queue.append( new XMLLoader(model.trackCard.xmlDataUrl, {name:"xmlData"}) );

queue.load();

}

private function trackLoaded(event:LoaderEvent):void

{

var trackSWFLoader:SWFLoader = LoaderMax.getLoader("trackSwf");

var loaderRawContent:MovieClip = trackSWFLoader.rawContent;

// sounds

var soundsSwfLoader:SWFLoader = LoaderMax.getLoader("soundsSwf");

model.embedSound.TrackMusicClass = soundsSwfLoader.getClass(model.trackCard.musicClass);

model.embedSound.TrackAnnouncerStartClass = soundsSwfLoader.getClass(model.trackCard.announcerStartClass);

var thisXML:XML = LoaderMax.getContent("xmlData");

model.trackCard.parseXML(XML(thisXML.trackData));

queueDispose();

loaderCallBackFunction.call(null, loaderRawContent.track_mc);

loaderCallBackFunction = null;

}

public function getMusic():void

{

// create and return objects

}

private function errorHandler(event:LoaderEvent):void

{

trace("error occured with " + event.target + ": " + event.text);

}

private function queueDispose():void

{

if (queue != null)

{

queue.dispose(true);

queue = null;

}

}

well it sounds like your client is running a debug version of the flash player ( http://www.kirupa.com/forum/showthread. ... in-browser )

you can try to persuade your client to use a release version of the flash player.

I would suggest you find out exactly which version of the Flash player is showing the issue, install it and try to troubleshoot exactly when the error occurs.

also, I agree it is strange that the "URL not found" is happening, but the asset is still loading. Perhaps this is happening during the audit and not the real load. are you using estimatedBytes in your loaders to prevent the audit? have you tried using auditSize:false? read tips 8-10 http://www.greensock.com/loadermax-tips/

there isn't anything related to LoaderMax that would cause the audit to fail and throw errors, but it the error is only happening during the audit at least you can take measures to prevent the audit from happening.

also, read this article: http://active.tutsplus.com/tutorials/ac ... rror-2044/ perhaps handling the IOError will help you diagnose when it is happening.

if you still have problems once you can reproduce the error let us know.

Hi,

My client wants to use the debug version, I'll find out what version. I'm using estimatedBytes in the xml file that loads. I'm loading most of my content via loadermax's xml nodes (can't remember what that's called). So in my code loadermax loads one xml file and that xml file tigers the loading of a couple of swfs and sometimes another xml file. Which is what makes loadermax so awesome!

I'll wait to see if the client is still getting the error and try what you have suggested. Thanks!