Search Community

Same URL question

jrg716 test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

If I create multiple instances of Loader max and specify some files in each that have the same URL, will it only load the content at the URL once.

My specific case is that I would like to create multiple queues and put an image library in each queue. Because the order the queues are loaded is determined at run-time, I would like that image library to be loaded by the first queue loaded. However, if a second loader includes the image library, I would like to use the one that was previously loaded - not reload a new instance of it.

Just wondering how LoaderMax handles this case.

Thanks!

When an ImageLoader begins loading, it first looks to see if any other ImageLoaders exist for the same URL that have finished loading. If one is found, that ImageLoader's BitmapData is copied internally to the other ImageLoader's rawContent right away for maximum speed. So you should be golden. But even if that feature weren't in place, after a particular URL is loaded, it's already in the browser's cache so subsequent loads of the same URL would be very fast anyway since there's a local copy.

Make sure you're using the latest version of LoaderMax (very old versions didn't have this ImageLoader feature described above)