Search Community

VideoLoader Fullscreen Takeover

Wonder Giant test
Moderator Tag

With the FLVPlayback component, if you go into fullscreen mode, the video will automatically be pulled to the top of the displaylist so all you see if video, and no interface. This is the behavior I need, but I was unsure if that was specific to the component, or if there was a way to do this with videoloader as well.

If not, how would I go about pulling the video to the top of the display list (note that its in a child swf), and then returning it back to its original when someone exits fullscreen mode.

I tried looking around for an answer to this but was unsuccessful.

VideoLoader doesn't have anything that FORCES the video to the front of the display list like that, no. VideoLoader is probably less than 25% of the size of FLVPlayback and more efficient. It's not meant to impose a particular user interface either - that's all up to you. See http://active.tutsplus.com/tutorials/ac ... e-premium/ for an example of what you can do with VideoLoader. It has a fully-functional custom interface that fades between videos, etc.

To bring your video to the front, you can do something like:

this.stage.addChild( myVideoLoader.content );

To return it to where it was, make sure you record that data in variables (its parent and index number) and then use addChildAt() to put it back.