Search Community

Loading Progressive Video

Yes! test
Moderator Tag

Hi there, I'm exploring LoaderMax for loading flv's.

I am using the onComplete command. Are videos loaded with LoaderMax downloading progressively? ( ie playing before they have finished?) or are they downloading completely (due to the onComplete command) before they play?

If they are downloading completely, how do I get it to download progressively and start playing after only some of the video is downloaded?

And how do I change the amount needed to buffer before it plays? If indeed I actually need to do that?

Does putting a buffer command in the loader string mean that the onComplete now refers to not the completion of the video completely downloading, but completion of the loader string, which includes a buffer command, and theirfore the download is now progressive as its acting on the buffer command?

Hi Welcome to the forums.

Yes videos can download progressively and they can play before they are fully downloaded.

Have you seen the online docs for VideoLoader? http://www.greensock.com/as/docs/tween/ ... oader.html

There is a lot of good info that addresses your questions directly such as:

bufferMode : Boolean - When true, the loader will report its progress only in terms of the video's buffer which can be very convenient if, for example, you want to display loading progress for the video's buffer or tuck it into a LoaderMax with other loaders and allow the LoaderMax to dispatch its COMPLETE event when the buffer is full instead of waiting for the whole file to download. When bufferMode is true, the VideoLoader will dispatch its COMPLETE event when the buffer is full as opposed to waiting for the entire video to load. You can toggle the bufferMode anytime. Please read the full bufferMode property ASDoc description below for details about how it affects things like bytesTotal.

This is probably the best resource for learning how to work with VideoLoaders. Definitely recommend that you download the source files: http://active.tutsplus.com/tutorials/ac ... e-premium/

Feel free to ask more questions or post code that you are having trouble with.