Search Community

Rotation

temeraire test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I'm trying to rotate a Sprite around its center, quickly, kind of like what you see at http://www.popchips.com/holidaycard/ with the bag on the right (after the swf finishes loading). That is, I need it to go up, spin around its center point quickly (and then, instead of landing back down, it'll keep going up and shoot out the top of the stage).

It's clear how to tween the y position, but not the rotation. I've got a timeline instance which is using append() to string together a series of tweens. I'm not sure how to get that quick rotation effect -- would I use onUpdate? And how about the registration point being the center of the sprite -- is TransformAroundPointPlugin necessary for that?

I'd be glad to go club green if I can see a way to do this...

Thanks!

i don't see how the rotation would be anything other than a quick rotation tween.

something like:

var tl:TimelineLite = new TimelineLite();
tl.append(TweenLite.to(bag, .2, {y:100, ease:Back.easeOut}));
tl.append(TweenLite.to(bag, .2, {rotation:720, ease:Circ.easeOut}), -.05);
tl.append(TweenLite.to(bag, .2, {y:360}), -.05)

I didn't go crazy trying to match the timing and easing, but it should give you the general idea.

and yes, transformAroundCenter (Really Green Membership) makes it VERY easy to rotate around the center. there is a video on the Learning Resources page http://www.greensock.com/learning/ titled

TransformAroundCenter Plugin Explained if you want to see it in action before purchasing.

if you are loading your images with a LoaderMax ImageLoader there is also a centerRegistration property that you can use and it is free.