Search Community

Duplicate loaded item

Chrysto test
Moderator Tag

var tempClass1:Class = ((LoaderMax.getLoader(tee1XML.@url) as SWFLoader).rawContent as Object).constructor;

var tee1:MovieClip = new tempClass1() as MovieClip;

this is not working... Btw the loaded MovieClips are AS2 and AS3 (not only in AS3)

hi bassta,

loading as2 swfs into as3 swfs is generally problematic.

there is nothing built in to LoaderMax to facilitate the duplication of loaded swfs.

furthermore, although I have seen some solutions for making copies of loaded assets similar to how duplicateMovieClip would have worked in AS2, your best bet is just to reload the external swf for each instance that you need.

This should not effect load time as the swf should be cached.

If you want to pursue copying loaded swfs, I would suggest only using AS3 swfs and once that is working then try AS2. Would be interested to hearing about your results.

-carl

Hi Carl;

I can't control the SWF's I'm loadig (due to some backward compibility) and this is a problem. I tried all methods of copying MovieClips, none of all (even the Senocular's one) works for this. I understand why this is happening (the C pointers in memory reference only to one object). The event-flow is that I load XML, than from each node I load SWF file, than load the SWFs. I tried to make unique loaded for each SWF, but this isn't working either.

The SWF files contains vectorized Item and I guess may be the best way is drawing it into new BitmapData, than unload the original SWF...