Search Community

VideoLoader - video plays after unload & dispose(true)

seddass test
Moderator Tag

Hello guys,

I have searched a lot in the forum and I have spend hours but I still cant find the answer.

The question is..

How to remove/kill/unload/dispose/erase VideoLoader when the video is buffering?

My problem is when I load a video in VideoLoader and while the video is still buffering and i call video unload() and/or dispose(true) the sound of the video start playing after all. Below is my code I am using. If I call disposeVideo() WHILE the video is buffering.. the sound of the video starts to play in a background after the video is buffered. Probably it is not only the sound that is played. :)

Hope for help.

Thanks.

function loadVideo():void {
   var videoConfig : Object = {name:"HomeVideo", width:506, height:285, scaleMode:"stretch", bgColor:0x000000, autoPlay:false, volume:0};
   _video = new VideoLoader("myVideo.flv", videoConfig);
   _video.load();
   _video.gotoVideoTime(0, true);
   added some listeners...
}

function disposeVideo() : void {
if (_video.videoPaused) reinitPlayPause();
TweenMax.to(preloader_mc, 0.2, {autoAlpha:0, onComplete:preloader_mc.stop});
TweenMax.to(_video.content, 0.2, {autoAlpha:0});
_video.removeEventListener(VideoLoader.VIDEO_BUFFER_FULL, bufferFullHandler);
_video.removeEventListener(NetStatusEvent.NET_STATUS, onNetStatusChange);			
videoContainer_mc.removeChild(_video.content);
TweenMax.to(_video, 0.2, {volume:0, onComplete: function():void {
	_video.pauseVideo();
	_video.unload();
	_video.dispose(true);
}});
}

You seem to have a lot of unnecessary code in there that could confuse things. For example, why do you have autoPlay:false and then you gotoVideo(0, true) immediately after you load? Why not just set autoPlay:true? And why do you pauseVideo() and unload() and dispose(true) instead of simply dispose(true)? Also, you're using an anonymous function to do the pause/unload/dispose but anonymous functions in Flash can cause some headaches and I wonder if you're running into a scope problem. This is how I'd clean things up from your code:

function loadVideo():void {
       var videoConfig : Object = {name:"HomeVideo", width:506, height:285, scaleMode:"stretch", bgColor:0x000000, autoPlay:true, volume:0};
       _video = new VideoLoader("myVideo.flv", videoConfig);
       _video.load();
       added some listeners...
   }

function disposeVideo() : void {
      if (_video.videoPaused) reinitPlayPause();
      TweenMax.to(preloader_mc, 0.2, {autoAlpha:0, onComplete:preloader_mc.stop});
      TweenMax.to(_video.content, 0.2, {autoAlpha:0});
      _video.removeEventListener(VideoLoader.VIDEO_BUFFER_FULL, bufferFullHandler);
      _video.removeEventListener(NetStatusEvent.NET_STATUS, onNetStatusChange);         
      TweenMax.to(_video, 0.2, {volume:0, onComplete:_video.dispose, onCompleteParams:[true]});
   }

If that doesn't help, please post a very simple FLA that demonstrates the behavior so that we can publish it on our end and see exactly what's going on. I'm sure we can get this figured out.