Search Community

.from and transformMatrix ?

jr_blackridge test
Moderator Tag

Ok, but only if the mc hasn't had any tweens prior?

Very simply - I want to tween the mc from _alpha:0

and then later in timeline use transformMatrix on the same mc

The only way I could get from() to work is by moving the mc to another layer. But to() works without moving the mc

so on frame 1 place mc on layer 1

import com.greensock.*;

import com.greensock.easing.*;

TweenLite = TweenLite.from(mc, 1.5, { _alpha:0});

//and then on frame 35 move mc to layer 2

trace("hello");

import com.greensock.*;

import com.greensock.plugins.*;

import com.greensock.easing.*;

TweenPlugin.activate([TransformMatrixPlugin]);

TweenLite.from(mc, 1.5, {transformMatrix:{_x:-349, _y:-129, _xscale:100, _yscale:100}});

And then it works.

But I can do a to() if I don't change layers.

It appears to work perfectly for me. But keep in mind that once you edit an object with ActionScript, it essentially "disconnects" it from the Flash timeline. (that has nothing to do with TweenLite/Max by the way). Were you expecting to do the alpha tween on the first 34 frames and then have the object move to the position you set on the timeline? No can do. If you name the instance something else on frame 35, however, that'll tell Flash to treat it as a different object/instance. Don't forget to adjust your tween's target to reflect that new instance name and then you should be golden.

I guess I'm surprised that it works for you. I'm on a different machine and it doesn't work here either.

Changing the instance name effectively does the same as changing the layer, so that doesn't surprise.

I thought I understood that the clip "detaches" from the timeline. But maybe I don't. I thought that I could effectively "reset" it with a new instance of the same clip at a new _x, _y, scale, etc. and then do a tween.from() based on the new keyframe.

But what you are saying is that since the clips are on the same layer, and contiguous, actionscript still has hold of the clip. I see you are right from a basic test without greensock classes.

Ok, I'm a little wiser. I've got a couple of different strategies for approaching what I want to do.

Thanks for the support.