Search Community

SOLVED: VideoLoader "No metaData was received." on 1st load

chrissilich test
Moderator Tag

I'm building a site right now that loads a video using your fantastic VideoLoader class, and have come across a problem where the FIRST time a video is loaded, it will almost always throw the error

Error on VideoLoader 'introVideo' (http://redacted/primal_screen/assets/video/home/redacted.flv): No metaData was received.

and the video will appear the wrong size. On subsequent loads of the same file and very occasionally on the first load, it works fine. I've tried turning autoplay off, and adding a 2 second timeout after the load is complete, just in case it was initializing slowly or something- that didn't help. I know it's not bad metaData, because if it was, it would have the same problem on subsequent loads right? The videos are encoded by Adobe Media Encoder CS5, with all the metadata turned on anyway.

I can give some tech support people access via PM to see the problem first hand, but not everybody on the forum, as the site is for a new TV show, and they don't want to released to the public yet.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

I also wonder if it's a server issue related to how it is sending the file and/or mime type, gzip, etc. Please do send me a PM with a link to a sample FLA (and any support files) that has just the necessary code in place to reproduce the problem and I'll take a peek. It's important that you provide the real URL to the video on your server too so that we can test against where you're getting the errors.

Also, please make absolutely SURE that you're using the latest version of VideoLoader.

== SOLVED ==

It looks like the problem was caused by the dev server that was serving the video, and it's http password protection. I guess the first look that LoaderMax/VideoLoader takes at the file, to grab the meta data, was blocked or delayed because of the password protection.

Thanks Greensock!