Search Community

Transformin multiple

fifixa test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

Working on an application, where you can enter "crop mode", change the mask and/or image position/rotation inside. When you exit the crop mode, and multiselect, the boundry box becomes humongous.

here's the story:

- 2 images on stage, both 3000px wide.

- both resized to fit a area of 400x400

- both "cropped" to be about 100x100

= multiselect creates boundry box of 3500x3000

inside the crop action I've got this hack, works fine with just one object selected:

override public function getBounds(targetCoordinateSpace:DisplayObject):Rectangle {
		manager.selectItem(__mask)
		var t = manager.getSelectionBounds(this)
		manager.deselectAll();
		return t;
	}

I do not want to rewrite the entire app to accomodate for the Crop functionality that you added. Can you direct me towards a solution?

I'm not quite sure where that code is or what exactly is happening in your app. Sorry. I wonder why you're not just having that method return __mask.getBounds(targetCoordinateSpace) though rather than doing all that selection and deselection stuff.

Feel free to post a sample FLA that has the minimum code necessary to reproduce the problem so that I can publish it on my end and see what's going on. Disclaimer: I can't promise that I'll troubleshoot an unsupported hack though.

No, sorry, but since you're transforming the actual object, not the mask, it uses the bounds of the actual object rather than the mask. If I forced it to use the mask (which is a completely different DisplayObject altogether), I would surely get plenty of users saying that's undesirable (and incorrect) behavior. See what I mean? Feel free to use the new Crop and FlexCrop classes or tweak them to suit your needs.