Search Community

transformAroundPoint

Slayer01 test
Moderator Tag

// Hi

// I just bought the ”Really Green” membership and I have some problem using the “transformAroundPoint” plugin.

///***********************///

// I have imported the classes

import com.greensock.*;

import com.greensock.easing.*;

import com.greensock.plugins.*;

// When I try to change registration point of my Sprite container ”_container”

TweenMax.to(_container, 1, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(100,50)}, ease:Elastic.easeOut});

// I get the error that the “transformAroundPoint” plugin cannot be found.

// What am I doing wrong.

Did you download the bonus zip file from your GreenSock account? https://www.greensock.com/account/

Make sure you've got the TransformAroundPointPlugin.as file which should be in the com/greensock/plugins/ folder. I bet you just forgot to use the stuff that came in the bonus zip. (that zip file contains all the GreenSock classes too, not just the bonus plugins/classes).

Also, this tween wouldn't do anything because you didn't tell it to tween any properties:

TweenMax.to(_container, 1, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(100,50)}, ease:Elastic.easeOut});

Maybe you meant to tween the scaleX and/or scaleY or something?

TweenMax.to(_container, 1, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(100,50), scaleX:0.5, scaleY:0.5}, ease:Elastic.easeOut});

Remember, transformAroundPoint doesn't actually change the registration point of your object - it just allows you to tween it in a way that ACTS like the registration point is in a different spot (for that particular tween).

Did you download the bonus zip file from your GreenSock account? https://www.greensock.com/account/

Make sure you've got the TransformAroundPointPlugin.as file which should be in the com/greensock/plugins/ folder. I bet you just forgot to use the stuff that came in the bonus zip. (that zip file contains all the GreenSock classes too, not just the bonus plugins/classes).

If you mean if I forgot to use the "com folder" inside the "as3 folder" that was in the bonus zip.file. Then no I didn't.

I understand now that I made a mistake when I didn't specify the scaleX and scaleY properties.

I still get the error that "TransformAroundPointPlugin" cannot be found.

Do I have to modify the "TransformAroundPointPlugin.as" file somehow.

Could you show me an example of all the code that I might need to use in my dokument class to make this work?

Mabey I missed something...!

Thanks

No, you certainly don't need to modify the plugin file.

The only other code necessary to make the tween work (which I assume you already did based on the error you mentioned) is to activate the plugin first:

TweenPlugin.activate([TransformAroundPointPlugin]);

That's it. Are you 100% positive that you have the bonus plugin there? Maybe you put it in a different folder or something? Feel free to zip up your whole directory and send me a link to it (private message or e-mail, not here in the public forums).

No, you certainly don't need to modify the plugin file.

The only other code necessary to make the tween work (which I assume you already did based on the error you mentioned) is to activate the plugin first:

TweenPlugin.activate([TransformAroundPointPlugin]);

That's it. Are you 100% positive that you have the bonus plugin there? Maybe you put it in a different folder or something? Feel free to zip up your whole directory and send me a link to it (private message or e-mail, not here in the public forums).

Thank you very much for your help

I forgot to add the line -- TweenPlugin.activate([TransformAroundPointPlugin]); -- earlier, that is why it didn't work.

But now everything works fine. :D

Thanks