Search Community

strange behaviour of textfield proxy

dominggi test
Moderator Tag

I have extended TM so i can use Textfields that are scalable and resizable. I use a textfield IN a mc that is called through the flash library (as linkage class).

dude.png

This worked fine, but i traced the displaylist and found an DisplayObject on the displaylist with name "__tmProxy3", but these are dislocated... I know these are textfield proxies that are used in TransformItem, but why aren't they removedProxy'ed? I also extended TransformItem (TextBoxTransformItems) and can override this createProxy, but I don't know when.

I need to get rid of these proxies, because displayobjects are dynamically loaded/saved, and I can not have any garbage on the displayList due to the zooming of the canvas.

When exactly are these proxies used and when can i remove them?

or, what is the cleanest way to use scalable AND resizable textfields in your opinion?

The proxy is used to get around some bugs in Flash (long story). The only time TransformItem creates a proxy is if/when the scaleMode is set to something other than SCALE_NORMAL. I assume you must be using a scaleMode of SCALE_WIDTH_AND_HEIGHT. To get rid of the proxies, simply set the scaleMode to SCALE_NORMAL or you could removeProxy() yourself if you prefer.