Search Community

Adding color picker to the ignoredObject list help needed

fredforum test
Moderator Tag

My program uses the TransformManagerTool AS3 from Greensock.

I'm trying to have my program NOT deselect my selected item when the user chooses a color from a color picker flash component.

To do so I added the color picker to the igneredObject list:

tManager.addIgnoredObject(myPicker);

The picker is added with success but clicking any color from the palette deselects any selected item. I then though I should add the components children to the ignoredObject list:

for (var i:uint = 0; i < myPicker.numChildren; i++){
			tManager.addIgnoredObject(myPicker.getChildAt(i));
		}

Which changed nothing. I traced the added children and the component seems to only have 1 button child. I guess I missunderstood the way the components work.

How could I make it so the color picker component does not deselect selected items?

No need to add the children like that (as you discovered). It sounds like the ColorPicker actually puts a new (different) DIsplayObject on top of the display list for the actual color palette that you choose from, so that [additional] picker item would need to be added to the ignored objects. However, one other easy way to make this work is to turn OFF the autoDeselect option (autoDeselect:false) on your TransformManager and then put a big rectangle (a Sprite) BEHIND all your objects (think of it like a background) with an alpha of 0. Then, add a MouseEvent.CLICK event listener to that rectangle Sprite and in your handler, call your TransformManager's deselectAll() method. That way, only clicks that go through to the background get registered. See what I mean?

Since your color picker (and other interface elements) are on top of that rectangle, clicks on them won't matter.