Search Community

SelectItems bug [SOLVED]

dezza test
Moderator Tag

I think I have possibly found a bug in the TransformManager class to do with selecting items.

Please note I think this bug would be unlikely to occur if you were selecting/deselecting items using the mouse. I am probably only seeing it because I am supporting undo/redo operations in my application, so I am changing the selection programatically based on the history of user interactions.

The bug:

When setting the selection to be two items, and then setting the selection to be one (different) item, only one of the initially selected items is deselected.

E.g.

transformManager.selectItems( [ redItem, greenItem ] );

// returns transformItems for redItem, greenItem
trace( transformManager.selectedItems );

transformManager.selectItems( [ blueItem ] );

// returns transformItems for redItem, blueItem. This is wrong! it should just be blueItem.
trace( transformManager.selectedItems );

I believe the problem is a loop (line 1126) in the selectItems() method.

It is iterating over the _selectedItems array, but I suspect the length of the array can be modified during an iteration, prematurely exiting the loop before all items are iterated over.

I have seemingly fixed this behaviour by iterating over a copy of the _selectedItems array instead:

e.g.

var selectedItems : Array = _selectedItems.slice();

// ... iterate over copy instead

Can anyone confirm that this is happening or am I misunderstanding something here?

Cheers d