Search Community

Scaling/rotating does not track properly

tpatch test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I am having an issue with the scaling of an object. The larger I scale an object I see that the distance from the selection boundary to the image increases the larger you make it. For instance, I was testing the demo on your web page. I dragged the red block on top of the world picture as large as it would go to the left. You will notice that the white from the left boundary has increased in size to double what it was in the original state. This is a problem for me because I am storing the height and width for use later and the object is coming back too large. Also, if you rotate an object several times while you have the mouse clicked, you will see that the object gets out of sync with the selection box.

Are there any fixes for these issues, or can you point me to where I can look to start debugging this ?

Thanks

Update - I did a global search and replace for getBounds and replaced it with getRect in the TransformItem and TransformManager code. It fixed the rotation and tracking of the selection box for scaling. The only issue that I now have is that the selection box shows in the middle of a line with thickness and not at the outer edge of the image.

I'm totally confused - I cannot seem to reproduce any of the issues you mentioned nor have I heard anyone else mention them before (at least not that I recall). Help?

You said you can see the problems in the TransformManager page? http://www.greensock.com/transformmanageras3/ right? I rotated many, many times and the selection bounds remained perfectly intact and aligned. I scaled it and had the same results. Zero problems. Maybe your Flash Player install has some funky bug? I'm grasping at straws here. Can anyone else reproduce the issues?

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. I have a few images that I can show you. I would be happy to send them to you so that you can see what I am talking about. What is the best way to do this? Can I send them to info@greensock.com or do you have a better support address?