GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flash08

Flash CS4 - import "syntax error" [SOLVED]

De-lurking here.

I had used TweenLite on some AS2 projects - worked fine. I am familiar with using the different easing functions, etc.

Just tried to work with the AS3 version of TweenMax - downloaded a new install this afternoon. There is an obvious path problem here, as even the simple statements,

import com.greensock.*;

import com.greensock.easing.*;

generate "syntax errors" when the Flash compiler does its thing. The Greensock parent "com" folder is in the same folder as the .FLA in question, and for good meaure, I added the classpath pointing to the "com" folder in AS3 Flash prefs.

Something obvious here, but I guess not to me. Windows XP, Flash CS4, etc etc etc. Can someone point out the obvious?

Could you give us the actual compiler errors you are receiving, and perhaps the beginning of the offending class file up to the greensock imports?

Thanks for your help. I was just getting "syntax error." I figured out that the problem was that my .FLA was based on a previous .FLA that used AS2. Even though I had deleted the things that had AS2 scripting, the file - even though resaved as a Flash CS4 version - still somehow considered itself to be using AS2, not AS3. I copied the artwork over to a new empty .FLA and everything returned to normal. The project on which I am working now involves translating the AS2 code to AS3 for maintenance and future upgrades. I've poked around and it looks like going over the code manually is my best bet - but at least TweenMax is working as expected.