Search Community

VideoLoader Repeat:-1 Glitches on Repeat

Wonder Giant test
Moderator Tag

Hello Forum,

I have a huge video (1536x2720, f4v). I am using VideoLoader with repeat set to -1 in order to loop it. The problem is, when it goes to loop it causes a visual glitch in everything being processed. I.E. If something is moving it will hang for a second like the processor is being hogged.

I guess I was curious if this is a behavior I can alleviate with some trick anyone knows, if this is a known behavior of using VideoLoader repeat, or if this is just the nature of looping such a large video.

Thank you as always!

actually i'm surprised the video even plays in flash. that's about 4million pixels you are pushing. what type of display are you using?

test with a 1280x720 video. if the glitch still exists please let us know.

i'm 99.99% certain you are asking way too much of flash and this has nothing to do with LM.

• 1 month later...

Hi Martinella,

I don't know what visualadvance did.

with video / flash in general there are tons of things that can cause problems way outside of what loaderMax is doing.

It could be the way the video is encoded, the version of the flash player, the speed of the computer etc.

does this happen with all videos? have you experimented with different encoding settings?

it would be hard to troubleshoot without seeing it.

if you can upload a sample, it would greatly increase your chances of getting assistance from other people.