Search Community

Master Loader - Accurate Progress

tomcrown test
Moderator Tag

Hello,

I'm using loadermax to all the site assets.

Problem: I don't get accurate progress since I have nested loadermaxs in the loaded swf as well.

Here's the sequence:

1) Load application.swf

2) application.swf has a require with root and loads several other video and sound files

The content won't be changing and I know the exact byte size of the full load. Is there a solution to have more accurate feedback during load?

I see the "estimatedBytes" prop in the docs, but I still get progress bar jumping due to new info coming in. Can I somehow force the master loader to use the estimatedBytes?

Thanks for any help

Thanks for the response. So I add the estimatedBytes prop but I still get the jump back. Really not sure. I ended up just hardcoding it myself. Using a custom progress value rather than the LoaderMax progress.

Just so I'm clear on where that need to go I want to show you the code:

_applicationLoader = new LoaderMax({ onProgress:onProgressHandler, onComplete:masterOnCompleteHandler});
_applicationLoader.append(new SWFLoader("application.swf", {container:contentContainer, name:"Application", onInit:mainSWFInitHandler, estimatedBytes:6625455}));
_applicationLoader.load();

And just to note again: application.swf in turn loads video and sound. Has its includeWithRoot set to true. I've also tried placing "estimatedBytes:6625455" in the LoaderMax params

Thanks