Search Community

Bullet point issue

Gus test
Moderator Tag

I have a Flash file which is creating dynamics the text field and loading pages in it. But, when I click on a page which as bullet point HTML tag (ul and li), all the text pages it was uploaded started to have a bullet point on the beginning.

I didn't find out how to fix it and I would like to know if someone could help me. As everything is dynamically created, I don't know if TweenLite has a property which could fix it. Does Someone know it?

Since you've provided no example of either code or the HTML, there is no way to understand what is happening, or even if this problem relates to TweenLite.

Please provide any relevant sample code and HTML that could illustrate why this behavior would occur. A sample .fla file would be even better.

Bulleted lists (via

) in Flash HTML text is really buggy, and badly supported. There are a lot of problems with it:

- Flash doesn't recognise the

• tag, only the
  • tag

- No real control over spacing/indentation

- Can't easily control bullets colour

- Bullets appear everywhere in the text unless you do some trick to close off the

• list (sorry, forgot it)

In the past I've ended up rolling my own bulleted list component, i.e. looping through each item in the list and manually rendering a bullet graphic and a line of text for each one.