Search Community

LoaderMax and mobile

midimid test
Moderator Tag

I'm considering using LoaderMax for a crossplatform Flex Mobile project. Unfortunately in the mobile world, you have to be especially careful about memory and threads.

What I'd like to do is after I've faded out an ImageLoader (managed by a LoaderMax queue) I want to completely remove it from the stage, but still have the ability to "reload" the image later on when its requested.

In my own custom projects, I generally have an object that is nothing but data and I use addChild/removeChild to manage what data is on the stage at any one point in time. Its unclear to me how I can accomplish the same thing with LoaderMax because it seems to me that all objects loaded are always on the stage, and if I "unload" something, its gone forever. Is there something in between?

Nope, when LoaderMax loads something it doesn't automatically add it to the stage unless you specify a "container". You should be able to easily accomplish what you're after with LoaderMax. To free up memory, you can always unload() the content and then load() it again later. Make sense?