Search Community

Flex 4.5 and transforming textarea

vincent test
Moderator Tag

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little confused - according to Adobe, Flash Builder 4.5 isn't out yet. Maybe they've still got some bugs in the beta you're using?

I just tried this in Flash Builder 4 and it worked fine:

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark" 
		   xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="955" minHeight="600" creationComplete="init()">
<br>		import com.greensock.transform.*;<br><br>		private function init(event:Event=null):void {<br>			var tm:TransformManager = new TransformManager();<br>			tm.addItem(test2, TransformManager.SCALE_WIDTH_AND_HEIGHT);<br>		}<br>

Also keep in mind that Adobe has had bugs in their Flex framework that caused getBounds() problems if your container had a border on it (the thicker the border, the further off the getBounds() results were). Maybe you've got a thick border on your container?

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, that's yet another bug/inconsistency in the Flex framework. Unbelievable. Here's how you can verify it:

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
		   xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="955" minHeight="600" creationComplete="init()">
<br>		private function init(event:Event=null):void {<br>			var bounds:Rectangle = test2.getBounds(test2);<br>			trace(bounds); //reports (x=-18, y=-18, w=206, h=169)<br>		}<br>

The TextArea's bounds are reported as starting at local coordinates of -18,-18 instead of 0,0! I'll try to get in contact with Adobe to report this and I'd encourage you to do the same. Again, this isn't a problem with TransformManager - it's a Flex framework problem.

• 8 months later...