Search Community

TransformManager.SCALE_WIDTH_AND_HEIGHT w SCALED TextField

Jani test
Moderator Tag

Hey,

I noticed one bug/problem.

I am using TransformManager with TweenMax and after scaling TextField scaleX/scaleY properties TransformManager.SCALE_WIDTH_AND_HEIGHT fails.

Simple showcase could be done by adding text_ti.scaleX=text_ti.scaleY=2; to TransformManagerAS3_Demo.swf root timeline in TransformManager demo.

It seems that TransformManager has problem when altering the width/height properties after scaling (scaleX/scaleY!=1) TextField?

Is there any workaround for this ( other than using container and altering containers scale properties with TweenMax )?

I am doing little app where user can create text animations and edit text fields and I toggle between TransformManager.SCALE_WIDTH_AND_HEIGHT / TransformManager.SCALE_NORMAL when user wants to create tween effects or edit text area size.

Thanks again for the GREAT classes! My apps are quite a green nowadays. ;D

- Jani from Finland

• 3 weeks later...

Ah yes, apparently there's an inconsistency in the way Flash handles scaleX/scaleY on TextFields only. I believe I figured out a workaround and implemented it in the latest version of TransformManager which I just posted a few minutes ago. Log into your GreenSock account to snag it at https://www.greensock.com/account/

Thanks for pointing this out.