Search Community

LiquidStage Bug with TextArea Component

Terry test
Moderator Tag

I'm running into a problem with making a TextArea component resizable.

This problem seems to occur only if the TextArea instance has focus. It's not always reproducible, but when the stage is resized the size of the focus rectangle can get out of sync with the size of the component. The attachment is a screen grab which shows the problem: the stage color is gray, the white rectangle on the left side is the component, and the focus rectangle is the blue rectangle which fills most of the stage. In this instance, the size of the component is supposed to be the size of the focus rect.

Here is the code, placed on frame 1 of the .fla:

import com.greensock.layout.*;

var stageLayout = new LiquidStage(this.stage, stage.stageWidth, stage.stageHeight);

var textResizeArea:LiquidArea = new LiquidArea(this, output_ta.x, output_ta.y, output_ta.width, output_ta.height);
textResizeArea.attach(output_ta, { scaleMode:ScaleMode.STRETCH } );

Tested with Flash CS5.02.

I haven't checked with Adobe. This bug appeared during an update to an old project which used the layout classes on senocular.com http://www.senocular.com/flash/actionscript/?file=ActionScript_3.0/com/senocular/display/Layout.as, and I wanted to try replacing them with LiquidStage. The senocular classes don't have this problem, so I guess I'll stick with them.