Search Community

shortRotation speed

Seasonss test
Moderator Tag

From what I see the speed for shortRotation changes towards the end (getting slower.) I am trying to animate a sort of a timer that rotates 360degrees in 60 seconds. How can I get it to rotate at the same speed throughout? Or am I just imagining that it gets slower :D

TweenMax.to(timer_mc, 60, {shortRotation:{rotation:-360}});

Thank you

I tried the linear easing but I don't think I am getting the right effect of equal speed. I have attached the fla zipped. I am not sure if keeping it 12 fps will make sure that the animation will be carried out in 60 seconds?

Thank you

Seasonss,

I would like to congratulate you on providing one of the best files I've seen that clearly illustrates your problem with no extraneous fluff thrown in.

Very cool technique as well.

I gotta say you had me stumped for a few minutes.

it was just a syntax error

GOOD

TweenMax.to(timerMask_mc, 60, {shortRotation:{rotation:-360}, ease:Linear.easeNone});

BAD

TweenMax.to(timerMask_mc, 30, {shortRotation:{rotation:-360, ease:Linear.easeNone}});

//note where the }s are. you had the ease set on the shortRotation obj... it happens:)

and just a tip to make testing easier do this:

just move your count var up before the tween

var count:Number = 60;

and then use it in the tween and the timer

TweenMax.to(timerMask_mc, count, {shortRotation:{rotation:-360}, ease:Linear.easeNone});

var myTimer:Timer = new Timer(1000,count);

then your tween and timer will always be using the same value and makes testing with different speeds easier.

Great work!

Carl

Aww Thank you :) I know how frustrating it is to go through a code to solve a problem and be forced to view bits of the code that have no relation to the problem so I cleared out the rest of the code and stage to make sure that only the problem is prominent :)

Just a syntax error huh.

Thank you so much, I can't wait to finish my site and then submit an official link here.

Regards