Search Community

Child Animations not playing in TweenMax

Infinite test
Moderator Tag

I have a MovieClip with various frame labels. I use the Playhead to navigate to various sequence of animation. However, when we just from one animation to another some of the child clips stop playing. However, whenever we just back to frame 1 the child clips start to play their animations.

If you watch the animation play in the IDE all of the child clips never stop playing.

Any ideas?

-i

Here is my current fix but it means not using TweenMax.

//content is a MovieClip with the animations
//startFrame is frame label's name
//endFrame is frame label's name

TweenMax.to( content, 0, { frame: startFrame } ); // jump playhead to start of animation
var tween:TweenMax = new TweenMax( content, dur, { frame: endFrame, onComplete: movePlayed } ); // play to desired end of animation

Here is the code that works, but not using TweenMax to perform animation. :(

content.gotoAndPlay( startFrame );
TweenMax.delayedCall( endFrame - startFrame, movePlayed, null, true );

I don't understand the question/problem. Can you please provide some visuals or a sample FLA that clearly demonstrates the issue? TweenMax doesn't force child MovieClips to stop playing. When you did the frame tween, did you make sure the duration was in seconds and set the ease to Linear.easeNone? Or if you want to define the duration in frames, that's fine, but make sure you set useFrames:true.

I don't understand the question/problem. Can you please provide some visuals or a sample FLA that clearly demonstrates the issue?

I'll try to post an example later that reproduces the issue. I can't share anything from my project.

TweenMax doesn't force child MovieClips to stop playing.

When you did the frame tween, did you make sure the duration was in seconds and set the ease to Linear.easeNone? Or if you want to define the duration in frames, that's fine, but make sure you set useFrames:true.

I just added the 'ease' and it didn't change anything. I tried using both seconds and frames with the useFrames call.

Because I have a fix I am not going to worry about this issue. I'll try to remember to make a sample tonight when I'm off the clock. :D

-i