Search Community

alternateURL seems not to work when using estimatedBytes

lukaMis test
Moderator Tag

Hi

While testing in flash i found out that SWFLoader did not use alternateURL when i added property estimatedBytes.

Example 1:

bgAssetsLoader.append(new SWFLoader("swfs/backgroundAssets/background/background.swf", { alternateURL: "background/background.swf", name: "background" + "Loader", container: bgHolder } ));

Flash found swf via alternateURL and displayed content. Content was displayed normally when using swf that loaded background via normal url property.

Example 2:

bgAssetsLoader.append(new SWFLoader("swfs/backgroundAssets/background/background.swf", { alternateURL: "background/background.swf", name: "background" + "Loader", container: bgHolder, estimatedBytes: 31000 } ));

Flash did NOT find swf via alternateURL and did NOT displayed content. Content was displayed normally when using swf that loaded background via normal url property.

Am i doing something wrong here?

Luka

I just tried this a bunch of times and couldn't get it to break. It worked perfectly every time, regardless of whether or not I defined estimatedBytes. I copied your code and used almost exactly the same thing. Worked fine. Can you please post a sample FLA (and support files) that demonstrates the problem so that I can publish it on my end and see the issue?

And just for kicks, make sure you've got the latest version of LoaderMax. http://www.greensock.com/loadermax/