Search Community

LoaderMax problems in safari and ie [SOLVED]

lukaMis test
Moderator Tag

Hi

I am making page and i just finished most of my outer framework that i need to load all ( well not all yet it is work in progress) swfs that i require. Page works great in firefox and chrome but does not work in safari and ie. In both browsers preloading stops at 92% and does not continue. It just hangs there. Any had similar problems? Any ideas?

tnx Luka

Well i think i have latest version. Where can i check which version i have on my computer?

I guess it does not matter i will just download again and recompile all swfs and try again. Anyway fla will do you no good as it is used only for document class that is external. Currently i have setup like this:

Index.swf loads page.swf that loads bgAssets.swf and interactiveAssets.swf each of these loads a few swfs.

I am thinking of changing all that so page.swf will load all of the swfs and than i will work from there. What is better or lets say more optimized solution?

update. i tried hole thing on mac computer and it works in safari but it does not work in firefox but like i said before on pc it works on firefox but not in safari or ie. weird

it sucks that flash really does not works the same in all browsers

tnx

Luka

Hi

Well issue resolved. :D

Problem was that I used alternateURL property as I am loading swfs from different locations (in folder structure). I just switched main and alt url path. So i get errors when i recompile swf inside folder but i do not get them when loading from main swf that is above all folders.

It did not work in Safari because url path was not correct and loading hang instead switching to alt url. Do not know why. Firefox was able to switch to alt url and proceed.

tnx for support

Luka

Glad to hear you solved the problem. Would you mind sending me files that give you the old behavior with safari just hanging instead of switching to the alternateURL? I'd be very curious to see this. I'm not aware of any such problem, but having your files that demonstrate the issue would be immensely helpful in verifying and troubleshooting.