Search Community

flv resizes oddly on resize with liquidArea

jodiW test
Moderator Tag

hi jack, et al

i have built a site for a client, and am having one strange thing happen; i have a main fla 1920x1080 that loads external swfs using empty mc holders, including one that loads an flv sized at 1079x607 (x:0, y:0 in a 1079x607 fla); here's the hidden page:

http://ryanpurcell.ca/purcellHidden.html#/Reel/

my main fla includes:

stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;
stage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;

var areaRnd:LiquidArea = new LiquidArea(this, 0, 0, 1920, 1080);
areaRnd.preview = false;

//attach the reel
areaRnd.attach(cntrHolder, ScaleMode.PROPORTIONAL_INSIDE, AlignMode.CENTER, AlignMode.CENTER);

cntrHolder is an empty mc also 1079x607 pixels, and i have placed it on the stage, aligned center, with it's reg point top left

when i load this movie it scales up to the liquidArea dimensions just fine, but on resizing the window the movie scales way down and jumps to left center - i think i'm missing something very obvious here, but i've been at this all day and need to ask for some assistance, please

thank you very much, jodi

It's acting as though your video (or its container - whichever you attached) is changing its size. For example let's say your Sprite starts out at 1079x607 which is the size of the movie (there's nothing else in the Sprite). Great. But if 2 frames later, you add a box into that Sprite that is way off to the right and its alpha is 0 (or whatever), it affects the bounds of that Sprite, so now it's much wider. When LiquidArea updates, it says "oh, now that Sprite is 2500x607, so I'll scale it down to fit". See what I mean?

It's tough to diagnose for sure without seeing your file(s) or a sample FLA.

By the way, the latest version of LiquidArea recognizes a new "customBoundsTarget" parameter that allows you to basically use a Sprite/Shape inside your attached object to define its bounds. Kinda like a mask. So you could use your Video object as a customBoundsTarget or create an invisible Sprite that has a rectangle drawn in it that tells LiquidArea where it should line things up. See the ASDocs for more details.