Search Community

TweenMax as2 - bug?

Hippiesvin test
Moderator Tag

Hi Greensock

I have come across something strange in as2 version of tweenMax.

I have an flexapplication where I load & unload a .swf

LoadImage.swf : just load an image

LoadImage1.swf : just load the same image and makes a simple tween.

LoadImage = no problem load/unload

LoadImage1 = which contains tweenmax, .. 1. load: works fine, 2. load: tween is missing but image showing, 3 load: well... app kind of explodes...

Any idea why?

I have attached example.

Just open Toolkit.html in browser, try to load/unload and then change filename to LoadImage1.swf

I can add a perhaps useless information to this, but it might be a hint.

What got me into making this test example was that I got following warning in another project also regarding to load/unload swf's.

TweenMax threw this warning : "Warning: 'com' has no property 'onEnterFrame'"

Best regards HippieSvin

This definitely looks like a Flex issue, not TweenMax. Feel free to post your Flex project file so that I can try compiling on my end and tracking down the issue, but I know for sure there are quite a few bugs in the Flex framework (especially older versions).

Yep, this is definitely a Flash/Flex bug, not TweenLite/Max. It has to do with classes in a swf losing access to _root after you unload a swf that had that class in it - even after you reload one with it, it can never find _root again. There are some other symptoms too, and this only affects AS2 swfs. I implemented a workaround a while back in TweenLite/Max - just call TweenLite.jumpStart(_root); on the first frame of your child swf(s) and it will resolve things. Make sure you've got the latest version of the tweening platform: http://www.greensock.com/tweenmax/

Again, just add this to your child swfs on their first frame:

TweenLite.jumpStart(_root);