Search Community

Loader stopping at 101%(IE8) or at 3% (Chrome)

am_ test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

i got this strange issue that only appears in a special server environment.

First i thought it´s because of gzip compression, but with gzip deactivated, the problem´s still th same.

The loader stops at 101% in IE8 or at 4,3,2 % in Chrome.

any idea what could be the reason?

BTW: it´s an older project that uses version 1.44.

could an update solve the problem? is it a known bug maybe?

Yes, I'd definitely recommend updating to the latest version. There have been workarounds put in place to solve bugs/inconsistencies with certain browsers and Flash Player versions. Some of them are listed at http://www.greensock.com/loadermax/#bugs

It's always a good idea to stay updated with the latest stuff just so you get all the enhancements and fixes that were made along the way. I try to be very active with adding features and working around problems that pop up so that LoaderMax is the most reliable solution out there for loading (especially more so than the built-in Adobe classes).

If you still run into trouble after updating, please post a simple example FLA (and any support files) that demonstrates the issue. It's super helpful if I have an example that I can publish on my own, add trace() statements, etc. and find out exactly what's going on. I strongly suspect that your problem will go away after updating though.

Yeah, it sounds like a server problem. Maybe the server is sending the header packets incorrectly or something like that. I've heard of that once before (server problem that incorrectly reported file size). In that case it definitely wasn't related to LoaderMax - the same problem happened with a regular Loader.