Search Community

Managing the center point[SOLVED]

attaboy test
Moderator Tag

I have a MC that can be viewed here http://www.jimslounge.com/erikMay27/testBio4.swf It rotates around center as I wanted it to do. When I added a scrolling text field I get this http://www.jimslounge.com/erikMay27/testBio5.swf the center of the MC changes as the 800 px high text field scrolls. I was wondering if there was anyway I could transformAroundCenter using the center of the MC as it was before adding the TextField.

import com.greensock.*;
import com.greensock.easing.*;
import com.greensock.plugins.*;
import com.droolpigs.*;

TweenPlugin.activate([TransformAroundPointPlugin, TransformAroundCenterPlugin, ShortRotationPlugin]);

var textAS:TextAutoScroll = new TextAutoScroll("bio.txt", 30, 420, 700, 800);
var bio:Bio2 = new Bio2();
bio.scaleX =.001;
bio.scaleY =.001;
bio.x=450;
bio.y=400;
bio.addChild(textAS);

// dragdrop stuff
		bio.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, drag);
		bio.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP, drop);

load_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, loadAbout);
	unload_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, unloadAbout);

function drag(e:MouseEvent):void {
		e.currentTarget.startDrag();
	}

function drop(e:MouseEvent):void {
		e.currentTarget.stopDrag();
	}

function loadAbout(e:MouseEvent):void {
addChild(bio);

TweenLite.to(bio, 3, {transformAroundCenter:{x:450, y:400, scaleX:1, scaleY:1, delay:1}, rotation:1440, ease:Back.easeOut, easeParams:[.7]});
}

function unloadAbout(e:MouseEvent):void {
if(bio){
TweenLite.to(bio, 2.5, {transformAroundCenter:{x:450, y:400, scaleX:.001, scaleY:.001}, rotation:-1440, onComplete:removeit});
}
}

function removeit():void {
removeChild(bio);
} 

Well, when you add the scrolling text, it affects the height obviously so the way around that would be to use transformAroundPoint instead of transformAroundCenter - that way, you can define the exact custom point around which the transformations occur. By the way, the most recent version of TransformAroundPointPlugin recognizes a new "pointIsLocal" special property (Boolean) that allows you to define the point in the target's local coordinate system (as though it's INSIDE the target). The ASDocs have been updated too.

I replaced the first line of code below with what I thought would work but nothing happens I press the button and nothing not even a error message.

//TweenLite.to(bio, 3, {transformAroundCenter:{x:450, y:400, scaleX:1, scaleY:1, delay:1}, rotation:1440, ease:Back.easeOut, easeParams:[.7]});
TweenLite.to(bio, 3, {transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(383,307), scaleX:1, scaleY:1, rotation:1440, pointIsLocal:true}, ease:Back.easeOut, easeParams:[.7]});

It didn't scale up but I haven't tried to fix that yet and I can't get pointIsLocal to work I downloaded the latest version but I already have it v11 I looked in the transformAroundPoint class but didn't see a pointIsLocal method. Isn't v11 the latest version?