Search Community

Liquidstage throwing error about TweenLite version

GJam64 test
Moderator Tag

I just downloaded all the latest tweening packages, and I'm now getting an odd error when trying to run my files with LiquidStage.

As soon as I try to instantiate LiquidStage I get the following error:

Error: LiquidStage warning: please update your TweenLite class to at least version 11.51 at http://www.TweenLite.com.

The problem is I'm using what was included in this latest download package, and the header comments in that are:

/**

* VERSION: 1.65

* DATE: 2011-01-18

* AS3 (AS2 version is also available)

* UPDATES AND DOCS AT: http://www.greensock.com/timelinelite/

**/

and farther below is defined:

public static const version:Number = 1.65;

Should that be 11.65 perhaps, instead of 1.65? Otherwise I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong. I don't think I am since I'm using TweenMax in this project, not TweenLite.

Thanks,

Greg

It sounds like there are a few points of confusion here:

1) The error referred to TweenLite needing to be at least version 11.51, NOT TimelineLite. The version excerpt you pasted looks like it's from TimelineLite.

2) TweenMax extends TweenLite, so even though you're only using TweenMax in your project you're actually using TweenLite too (think of it like TweenLite is inside of TweenMax).

3) The reason LiquidStage has that requirement is because of its integration with TweenLite/Max, allowing it to dynamically update the end values of tweens on the fly in case the stage resizes while the tween is playing.

If you do have the latest version from the downloads in your GreenSock account, you should be good to go. It sounds like maybe you have some mis-matched versions, like a stale TweenLite with an updated LiquidStage. You might need to delete your ASO files in Flash (it's like Flash's cache). And if you're subloading things, make sure that the parent and the child swfs are republished with the latest version of the classes.

Does that help?

Yes, sorry, this was my error, I had an earlier version of your classes compiled into my loader.swf file, so that was persisting when the child was loading in with the newer version.

One note I guess, I tried looking at the changelog before I posted to see if i had missed something, and see this as the latest entry:

2011-01-18

---------------------------------------------

TimelineLite 1.65

TimelineMax 1.65

- Fixed issue ...

Which is why I had thought perhaps it was missing a number. Is maybe tha numbering off? it seems to persist for the last 4 changelog entries.

Thanks for the quick reply tho.

Ha, a bit off again, all these Tween### classes start looking the same, but i do see for this entry

2011-01-06

---------------------------------------------

TweenMax 1.64

Tho far be it from me to start pointing out typos :lol:

The same problems occurs with me, but i am using Gaia Framework... I replaced the folder "com/greensock" by the folder of the pack Club Greensock in the project and recompiled all the project but i receive the same error message:

"Error: LiquidStage warning: please update your TweenLite class to at least version 11.51 at http://www.TweenLite.com.

But my version is 11.68, and i have tested in a normal project without Gaia Framework and it works!!

Probaly it's a Gaia bug..

But my version is 11.68, and i have tested in a normal project without Gaia Framework and it works!!

That's impressive - how'd you get a version of TweenLite that hasn't even been created yet? :) (the latest version is 11.62)

It sounds like you just need to republish all your sub-swfs because at least one of them was compiled using a stale version of TweenLite. I doubt it's a problem with Gaia itself.