GreenSock

Torben

[SOLVED] Timeline gotoAndStop + label

I have a Timeline with some steps. In the end I want it to go back to the first label and then continue through the other steps.

But when I gotoAndStop("START") and then try to restart the timeline the next animation is wrong,

Kinda hard to explain, but I have attached a zip that I think shows the "error" well.

hey torben,

could not open the file. perhaps it is CS5, if you save out as CS4 I will take a look.

thx

Carl

Thanks Carl, sorry for the late reply but forgot to subscribe to the thread.

hmmm.. this is a real brain mangler.

I changed the reset and goto functions to trace out the timeline's currentTime

when reset is called it accurately traces out a currentLabel of "START" and a currentTime of 0.

BUT then when goto is called it thinks currentLabel is backstage and currentTime is 1.2 ???? :roll:

thanks for having those other traces in there. i don't know why this is happening.

everything you have going on in the reset function doesn't seem to be affecting the final delayed goto() call.

very strange.

function reset() : void {
timeline.currentProgress = 0;
timeline.gotoAndStop("START");
trace("reset label = " + timeline.currentLabel + "  time = " +  timeline.currentTime);

}

function goto(label : String) : void {

timeline.tweenFromTo(timeline.currentLabel, label);
trace(timeline.currentLabel + " to " + label + " time " + timeline.currentTime);
}

it actually appears to very momentarily try to play START to middlestage but then it freaks out and does a backstage to middlestage.

I wish I had an answer.

Carl

2 seconds later... lol...

try this. instead of having your onComplete:reset on the last tween put it on the timeline like this:

var timeline = new TimelineMax({onComplete:reset});

this seems to make things work as expected.

i'm still confused though.

First of all, thank you VERY much for posting a sample FLA that demonstrated the issue. I can't tell you how much quicker it made troubleshooting. I wish everyone followed your lead in that respect :)

The problem had to do with the fact that you were resetting the timeline from within a nested tween. I could bore you with a long explanation as to why that's a challenge to deal with, or I could just tell you it should be fixed in the latest version (posted a few minutes ago). I'll opt for the latter if that's okay with you. If you want a deeper explanation, though, just ask.

Fantastic support!.....thank you Carl for your perseverance and actually finding a solution. Good to know it wasn't me being stupid.

And thank you Jack for fixing it so quickly. You're the best....and no explanation needed :)