Search Community

3D Card Flip

brantseibert test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I am using the code from http://www.snorkl.tv/2010/12/easy-breez ... r-good-ax/ (one of the video tutorials from Greensock Learning Resources).

When the browser width/height ratios are taller than the original FLA, the top edge of the flip card stays at the same (starting) y value during the entire tween. Only the bottom edge of the flip card behaves correctly and becomes taller at the narrowest point. Everything is good when the browser width/height ratios are wider than the original FLA. I am using LiquidStage to keep the flip card ("screen1") centered on stage.

var ls:LiquidStage = new LiquidStage(this.stage, 1000, 600, 1000, 600);

ls.update();

ls.attach(screen1, ls.CENTER); screen1.back1.rotationY = -90; screen1.back1.alpha = 0;

public var flipScreenTL:TimelineMax = new TimelineMax();

private function flipScreen():void

{

var flipSpeed:Number = 0.5;

flipScreenTL.append(TweenMax.to(screen1.front1, flipSpeed, { rotationY:90, visible:false, ease:Linear.easeNone } ));

flipScreenTL.append(TweenMax.to(screen1.back1, 0, { alpha:1, immediateRender:false } ));

flipScreenTL.append(TweenMax.to(screen1.back1, flipSpeed, { rotationY:0, ease:Linear.easeNone } ));

}

Also, the object (screen1) has the registration point in the center, exactly as shown in the online tutorial. Again, it all works perfect when the browser is original size or wider, but not taller.

Thank you.

hi brant,

i glad you experimented with the card flip.

I would love to help you but I really don't know much about liquid stage.

from your description it sounds like a very strange flash rendering bug is happening.

if you zip and post a simplified fla with only this behavior / functionality present someone will look at it. perhaps the html and swf would be helpful as wel.

-don't post the greensock classes

thanks

Carl