Search Community

Overwrite Manager Brain bender

timaging test
Moderator Tag

ok, so I'm making this interactive piece. It has an intro on one scene. At then end I jump to another scene and "auto play" between sections using timelineMax and a delay... at the end of each of these delays I call a function to do to the next frame as such:

var timelineNavOut:TimelineLite = new TimelineLite({delay:10, onComplete:myFunction01});

timelineNavOut.appendMultiple([new TweenLite(button01,  1, {alpha:0, y:57, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                           new TweenLite(nav01off,  1, {tint:0x676766, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                           new TweenLite(hdr_nav01,  1, {alpha:0, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav01_b01,  1, {alpha:0, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav01_b02,  1, {alpha:0, ease:Quad.easeInOut}),
                              new TweenLite(nav01_b03,  1, {alpha:0, ease:Quad.easeInOut})], 0, TweenAlign.START, 0.1);

function myFunction01():void
{
gotoAndPlay("2");
}

THEN, I have the buttons after that, and when I go to another scene without this delay and goto information, it still goes.

what I am certain is happening is even though I'm leaving this frame, something is still telling this delay to work wherever I go. Once I click on a button, I just want all the delay information and everything to be "forgotten" and purge that information. with a button:

nav01off.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, fl_ClickToGoToScene01n);

function fl_ClickToGoToScene01n(event:MouseEvent):void
{
MovieClip(this.root).gotoAndStop(1, "Nav02");
}

Is this a job for Overwrite Manager? Currently I have it set in frame on of my Intro to AUTO, but it's still not working.

Thanks!!

Dave

ok so apparently what needs to happen is to add a stop to the funtion pointing at the variable:

function fl_ClickToGoToScene01n(event:MouseEvent):void
{
 timelineNavOut.stop();
 MovieClip(this.root).gotoAndPlay(1, "Nav02");
}

there appear to be a few other choices, but this is the only one that worked.

Dave