Search Community

"Flash Banner" and SWFLoader

ultimategs test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

we are evaluating LoaderMax and are extremely satisfied so far.

Every Loader works like a charm.

But we have a problem with the SWFLoader and Flash Ad Banners.

A typical Flash Banner has its content in the middle with the same distance to the top and bottom so I assumed that something like

var swfurl:String = "http://......./banner.swf";
_swfContainer = addChild(new Sprite()) as Sprite;
_swfLoader = new SWFLoader(swfurl, {name:"myVideo", container:_swfContainer, scaleMode:"proportionalOutside", crop:true, bgColor:0xff0000, width:468, height:80});
_swfLoader.load();

with crop and proportionalOutside would perfectly display a flash banner.

But it doesn't. The area is created @468x80 but the banners just wont fit. Some are cut in half, others are shrinked etc. They all have different issues though the code is the same.

I downloaded a couple of different flash banners from the web done by other people just to test and they all have the problem that they don't display properly.

So my guess is that I am just missing something very very obvious? :oops:

I'm not sure what the sizes of the swfs are that you're loading in (are they all 468x80?) or if you're crossdomain loading, but I don't see any obvious problems with your code. Could you post a very simple FLA that demonstrates the issue or explain to me exactly how to reproduce the problem? Every test I run works great, but I must be doing something differently than you are.

Sorry, 80 was a typo. 60 is correct for 468 and 80 for 624.

Problem might be that we want to use it for a plugin for the longtail video player so there is no fla :cry:

We are using Flash Builder 4 but I doubt that there might be an issue on the compilation level? All the other Loaders work exceptionally great, the SWFs also show up it's just that they are shrinked or have dimensions way off.

Would Screenshots help a bit?

Screenshots might help a little, but what would be amazingly, stupendously fantabulous would be some example that I can compile to reproduce the issue. Troubleshooting blind (even with screen captures) is tough - it makes a huge difference if I can work with an actual example file.

Are you loading across domains? Is script access denied? what values do you get if you do this:

trace("width: "+loader.rawContent.loaderInfo.width+", height: "+loader.rawContent.loaderInfo.height);

Do the dimensions report as you'd expect?

• 2 weeks later...